Log off Pinterest, put the instruction sheet down and let your creative juices flow! It has been said that the best way to teach your kids about creativity is to be creative yourself. Instead of a long post, I will start each month with a project and keep a theme going for the month. This will be an excellent reminder to step away from the to-do list and work those creative muscles. Don’t know where to start? A pen, paper and 15 minutes is a great way to start to get creative.
Here is the tentative monthly schedule:
- Feb: Crafts
- March: Write a children’s song
- April: Design a new T-Shirt
- May: Painting
- June: Engineering project
- July: Sewing project
- August: Photography project
- September: Learn something new
- October: Movement / Dance
- November: Make a Christmas present
- December: Something involving science
This month, I want to try more projects with my Cricut. So today I designed and made an iron-on for this onesie. Dusting off my Photoshop skills was a little rough, but between Photoshop tools and the Cricut software, it was pretty easy to see my ideas come to life. Here is the finished product:
Join in the fun! Please comment with your creative activities. Let’s get the creative juices flowing!